First yoga class ! Loving yoga !
How about a spot to get away and enjoy yourself immersed in yoga, fitness, kitesurfing, circus and or arial arts, Jiu Jitsu, walking on pristine beaches or just relaxing. Kite beach, Cabarete Extreme Hotel.
Lets start with this. Do you remember your first yoga class? It can be intimidating if you’re not sure what to bring or what to do. The owners of Mi Gym, Kite beach Cabarete grew to love yoga and figured the best way to share the gift of yoga was to offer it at their gym, yoga loft, overlooking the beautiful pristine beach and bay of Kite Beach, Cabarete and invite every to attend there classes.
Steven, owner of Mi Gym stated “It wasn’t until I started working as a pro cyclist that I really tried yoga, this was many years ago. I come from an adrenaline sports and military background, and for me, the transition to yoga was a challenge. In my mind, yoga was slow and boring, with music that could put me to sleep. But the more I put 100% of my mental and physical energy into movement, the more I began to love yoga — especially the way I felt afterword. So when I decided that I wanted my girlfriend (and now wife of 24 year) to feel this good, I knew I had to be there for his first time.
We picked a Vinyasa class that started just in time for us to get there from work (this was pre-children). This was many years ago and to this day we still enjoy yoga and the feeling we get from it. the verdict Orchid took on her first yoga class: “I had this notion, which I realize now was naive, that yoga was all serenity and relaxation — a cross between getting a massage and stretching. But no. It’s hard work. I never felt like a failure, though. And I think that might be one of the benefits of yoga—it’s non-judgemental. This isn’t a competitive aerobics class — though I’ve never taken an aerobics class either, so that might be an unfair characterization.”
Tips for first time yogi’s
- 1. Dress comfortably. Avoid heavy cottons and keep your clothing light and loose.
- 2. Bring a water bottle, a towel and some layers to put on after your class.
- 3. Don’t be scared. Everyone has a first time.
- 4. If you’re feeling tired or a little light headed, take a moment and lie down.
- 5. Fully invest in the experience. Go to class and leave your outside worries and stresses at the door.
- 6. Drink lots of water before, during and especially after to replenish yourself. Your body will love you for it.
- 7. Don’t base your opinion on your first class. Or second. Or even third. It may take time to love yoga.
- 8. Have fun! Remember: there are always new people. There will always be older people, younger people, bigger people, smaller people, people that can’t touch their toes, and people that bend in half like a Gumby doll. I think that’s what makes yoga so beautiful to me.
It really is for everyone. We are so happy to be able to bring yoga to the residents and visitors of Cabarete. Come on in and check us out. We also offer mat rentals and sales for your convenience. Are you interested in trying yoga? Taking a relaxing vacation surrounding yourself with yoga and or fitness ? if yes, contact Extreme Hotels, Kite beach, Cabarete.